- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a small saucepan, simmer celery and green pepper with water to cover until tender; Drain.
- Place ground beef in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Cook until evenly brown. Add onion, and cook until tender and translucent. Drain excess fat. Add celery and green pepper. Stir in kidney beans, condensed tomato soup, diced tomatoes and brown sugar. Season with salt and pepper, and stir in macaroni.