- 3 cups red seedles grapes, chopped
- 2 avocados diced
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1 Anaheim pepper, diced
- 3 tblspn cilantro, chopped
- juice from one lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bean sprouts, to garnish
Remove and serve, topping with aforementioned bean sprouts.
from whole foods
This delectable salad proves that fresh, high quality ingredients taste superb with little adornment. Halved grape tomatoes and diced avocado join onion, parsley, cilantro, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil and sea salt in this perfect side dish or simple appetizer with tortilla chips. Can be prepared up to four hours ahead of serving, making it convenient for those summer days when you're constantly on the go.
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 white onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley or cilantro, or mixture of both
- 2 avocados, diced
- High quality sea salt, such as Fleur de Sal
In a non-reactive glass bowl toss together the tomatoes, onion, olive oil, lemon juice and parsley or cilantro. Add the avocado and lightly toss. Season to taste with sea salt. Chill if not serving immediately.
Per serving (212g-wt.): 190 calories (140 from fat), 16g total fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 3g protein, 13g total carbohydrate (7g dietary fiber, 4g sugar), 0mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium