- 1 3 3/4-pound chicken, cut into 10 pieces
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound mushrooms, trimmed
- 2 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1 10-ounce container pearl onions, blanched 1 minute, peeled
- Chopped fresh Italian parsley
Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour; shake off excess. Melt butter with oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add chicken to pot; cook until golden on all sides, about 6 minutes total. Transfer to bowl. Add mushrooms to pot; sauté until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, wine and onions. Return chicken and any accumulated juices to pot. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
Uncover pot and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to serving bowl. Sprinkle with parsley.