- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 1-pound eggplant, unpeeled, trimmed, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 small zucchini, trimmed, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, flattened
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons herbes de Provence*
- 1 12-ounce halibut fillet
- 2 cups medium-size pasta shells
Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray. Spread next 5 ingredients on sheet. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with herbes de Provence, salt, and pepper. Roast vegetables until tender, stirring occasionally, about 35 minutes. Push vegetables to sides of sheet. Place fish in center of sheet; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until just opaque in center, about 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Return pasta to pot. Add roasted vegetables and enough reserved pasta cooking water to pasta to moisten; toss. Cut fish into 1/2-inch pieces; add to pasta and toss gently. Season with salt and pepper.