- 2 orange roughy fillets, cut in half
- 1 lb russet potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 cup whole peeled garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup lowfat milk
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh tarragon leaves, minced
- 2 small lemons: 1 juiced, 1 cut in wedges for garnish
Preheat oven to 350°F. Toss garlic cloves in olive oil; place in glass baking dish. Roast for 30 minutes until garlic is golden and soft. (Shake the pan several times while roasting.) Steam potatoes until soft; mash. Purée garlic with milk; add to potatoes. Add salt, pepper, tarragon, lemon rind and 2 tsp lemon juice. Place fillets in baking dish and cover evenly with potato mixture. Squeeze lemon juice liberally over each fillet. Broil fish for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown (make sure fish is cooked). Serve with lemon wedges.
Per Serving: 240 calories, 29 g protein, 2 g fat (0 g saturated), 29 g carbohydrates, 35 mg cholesterol, 389 mg sodium.