|16||ounces uncooked linguine|
|1 (18 1/2||ounce) can progresso traditional New England clam chowder|
|1||cup milk or cream|
|1/2||cup parmesan cheese, shredded|
|4||garlic cloves, minced|
|2||tablespoons olive oil|
|1 1/2||lbs shrimp, deveined, shelled, tails removed (I use the bagged shrimp from Sams)|
|1 (8||ounce) package mushrooms, sliced|
|1||medium onion, diced|
|1/2-1||teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes|
|1||teaspoon dried parsley|
|1-2||teaspoon tony's creole seasoning (or spicy seasoning of your choice)|
| ||parmesan cheese (optional)|
| ||tomatoes, diced (optional)|
- In a blender, place clam chowder, milk, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and the garlic. Blend on medium until smooth. Set aside.
- In a 5 to 6 quart dutch oven, cook pasta until aldente. Drain well.
- As the pasta drains, add oil and butter to pan and add onions and mushrooms. Cook for about 2 minutes. Add shrimp and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently until shrimp turns pink.
- Stir in all of the seasonings, except the parsley, to taste (as I said, we like it spicy so adjust to suit your family) and add soup mixture and pasta.
- Heat thoroughly, stir in parsley.
- Serve topped with extra cheese and tomatoes if desired.