Sunday, October 15, 2006

bibim gooksu

Bibim Gooksoo

I don't know why, but I love to eat this as my second meal of the day when I'm hungover. The first meal is goongmool of course, but I always crave something spicy afterwards. My mom used to make this for me all the time when I lived at home.

Ingredients:

Mak gooksoo
1 jalapeno
1 cucumber
1 boiled egg
4 tablespoons gochujang
1 teaspoon vinegar
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp sesame seed
2 tsp sugar

Directions:

This recipe is for 2 large servings. Boil gooksoo, rinse with cold water, put in a bowl. In another bowl, mix the gochujang, vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, sesame seed and sugar. Put the jalapenos in with the noodles and mix the sauce into the gooksoo. I usually use a disposable plastic glove to do this because I don't like getting it on my hand. Garnish with thinly sliced cucumber and half a boiled egg.

Sometimes I mix in sangchu (red leaf lettuce) if I have it. You can also put some kimchi into it as well. I love yooksoo (the goongmool they give you with nengmyun) but I don't know how to make it. Sometimes I'll make a basic goongmool with water, anchovy, soy sauce and salt to have on the side.

This is my friend Sandy eating. She said she had to take a break from eating midway through because it was so spicy.


No comments: