Sunday, October 15, 2006

Ramen

10-ramen.jpg

Sorry for the lack of updates... I've been camping. A ramen recipe you ask? Why yes of course - everyone eats it, everyone loves it, and it's the easiest, fastest thing to make. And it tastes especially good when you're camping (see below). My personal favorite brands are shin ramen and samyang ramen. And the instant yookyejang bowl noodle. I also like the Nissin/Maruchan chicken flavored noodles you can buy at any market made with egg and a bunch of tabasco.

Ingredients:

Boiling water
1 package ramen
1 egg

Directions:

Bring water to boil in a pot. Add ramen noodles and soup flakes. Cook for 2 minutes. Add soup base. Add egg popping the yolk with your chopstick and mixing it into the soup. Cook 1 more minute (or longer if you like the noodles more cooked). I like my noodles pretty undercooked because they'll continue to cook a bit after you transfer it to a bowl. Serve. Mix in a bowl of rice with your soup after you eat all the noodles.

This is the way I usually make my noodles, but sometimes I spice it up by adding 1 tb of gochujang, green onion, and onions. You can also add spam if you like or even a slice of American cheese on top. Here's a link to a ramen recipe database. How do you eat your ramen?

No comments: