Sunday, October 15, 2006

Dwehji galbi (pork ribs)


december 057

I accidentally bought some dweji galbi last week thinking it was shorter ribs that I could toss into a jjigae. They were the long kind so I decided to make my very first marinade and it turned out great!

Ingredients:

2 pounds dweji galbi
3 tb soy sauce
2 tb sugar
2 tb rice wine or wine
1/2 cup gochujang (red pepper paste)
2 tb minced garlic
2 pureed onions
salt & pepper to taste

Directions:

I pureed the onions in a blender because it makes the marinade easier to spread on and I think it tastes better. Mix all the ingredients together and cover each rib with the marinade. Allow it to marinate for at least 10 hours in the refrigerator. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray some cooking spray onto a baking sheet and place the ribs on it. Cook for 1 hour and 45 minutes or until the meat is so soft it just falls off with a fork. You can also cook these on the stovetop but I find that baking usually makes meat more tender. And of course you can always toss these onto a barbecue grill (my personal favorite). Enjoy!

december 019 december 020 december 023 december 051

No comments: